Thursday, February 16, 2012

New Beginnings

What does one say when she steps out on a new path in life? A new business, a new blog, a new step in uncharted territory. I've wanted to do this for some time, but fear kept me back. That, and a lack of a reason. Now I have a reason. A new business venture, doing something I love for a reason beyond money-making.

I've opened a shop on Etsy: Shear Joy Yarns. I love to dye yarn, but my stash is full, beyond full. I don't knit fast enough to use it all, but I still desperately want to dye yarn. Plus I make stitch markers, but really, how many does one woman need? And then there is the sewing. What's a girl to do?

Sell them. That way her husband quits giving her "the eye" because she owns enough yarn to open a store. That way her children stop teasing her (nicely, of course) for running around with multi-colored fingers.

And the reason? I want to go on a mission trip. I want to go back to school. I want to serve my Lord with my whole heart, and soul, and mind, and strength.

Want to walk with me?
JJ


No comments:

Post a Comment